- Are IGNOU Degrees/Diplomas/Certificates recognized?
- When is admission announcements issued?
- What is academic schedule?
- What are eligibility criteria for admission?
- What should I do after submitting online application?
- What is the last date of submission or the deadline?
- What are the details of admission requirements?
- What is fee amount and mode of payment?
- When will I be notified of my acceptance?
- What if I forgot to take printout of online application form after submission?
- Can foreign nationals fill the online admission form?
- If a student has PC at home can there be relaxation in attendance?
- Will there be extra charge for students who fail and wish to appear for re-exam?
- What is the admission process for MBA course in IGNOU?
- I am 10th passed: Am I eligible for graduation course?
- Does IGNOU offer Cyber Law courses?
1. Are IGNOU Degrees/Diplomas/Certificates recognized?
IGNOU is not only a recognized university in India but its degrees, diplomas and certificates are also recognized internationally. IGNOU degrees, certificates and diplomas are considered equal to such certifications issued by any member of the Association of the Indian Universities under UGC Circular F.I-8/92 (CPP) and others. In fact IGNOU degrees are held in higher esteem.
2. When is admission announcements issued?
Keep checking onlineadmission.ignou.ac.in to know the admission dates for various courses. First navigate to programmes available, choose the course of choice and then check admission details for such courses. You need to register and create an account, login and then proceed with admission process.
3. What is academic schedule?
IGNOU defines academic calendar for its various programmes with admissions announced through various public channels as well as its website. There is a cutoff date for seeking admission to courses that start on a particular data
4. What are eligibility criteria for admission?
You must fulfill various criteria for admission to IGNOU courses. Each type of course has its defined criteria in terms of educational certifications, minimum marks you must obtain, admission entrance exam passing with a certain percentage of marks and the age limits.
5. What should I do after submitting online application?
Once you submit application for a course online the next step is to submit required supporting documents. The computer generated control number must be mentioned on the envelope and on documents you submit to your nearest regional IGNOU centre. You must submit these documents before the specified last date for submission. You must fill out the admission form, affix a photograph and sign it. A demand draft or cash Chillan for the programme fee must be attached for the first year or semester with control number and name on the reverse. You need to attach attested copies of educational qualifications along with form as well as experience certificate if required for the course. You need to attach proof of age.
6. What is the last date of submission or the deadline?
Each course may have a defined admission and commencement date. You must submit documents, application form and fees before the last date specified for the course you choose.
7. What are the details of admission requirements?
You can download prospectus for the course of your choice. In general, admission requirements depend on the type of course. You must match educational requirement criterion, age criterion, minimum marks criterion.
8. What is fee amount and mode of payment?
Various courses have registration fees ranging from Rs 100 to Rs 500 or more at the time of submission of application for admission. You have to get a demand draft made out in favor of IGNOU, payable at the city where the regional center closest to you is located. You can pay fee in cash at cash counters of IDBI or Indian Bank at the designated branches. You pay course fee only when you are selected.
9. When will I be notified of my acceptance?
If your application is in order and if you match eligibility criteria then you are likely to be selected. You can expect to receive la letter of acceptance within two months of submission of the application.
10. What if I forgot to take printout of online application form after submission?
There is no need to worry. You can visit https://onlineadmission.ignou.ac.in/admission/ and download the form and print it.
11. Can foreign nationals fill the online admission form?
Foreign nationals cannot fill the online admission form. They must go through Director of international Cell of IGNOU and follow a separate process to pursue IGNOU courses.
12. If a student has PC at home can there be relaxation in attendance?
No. Owning a PC is no ground for granting any exemption as regards minimum attendance requirements. If you join a course where there are practicals then you must attend 75% of the practical sessions.
13. Will there be extra charge for students who fail and wish to appear for re-exam?
No. there is no extra charge if you appear for the next exam within the specified time limit.
14. What is the admission process for MBA course in IGNOU?
- You need to be eligible to appear for the OPENMAT entrance exam i.e. you must be graduate with minimum marks.
- You must obtain minimum cut off marks in OPENMAT.
- Download application form from IGNOU site and pay application fee of Rs 1050 by draft when you apply.
- You can get prospectus from regional centers on payment of Rs 1000.
- Fill in the form and send to IGNOU with DD for Rs 1050.
- You then appear for OPENMAT. If you have advanced degree then OPENMAT may be waived for you.
- Fill in form 2 if you pass OPENMAT and submit to regional center with attested copies of certificates, OPENMAT hall ticket and score card and experience certificate.
- Pay program fee by demand draft or bank challan.
15. I am 10th passed: Am I eligible for graduation course?
No. You need to pass 12th to be eligible for IGNOU graduation courses. You can get diploma or certificate courses. However, there is a wokaround. If you are over 21 years of age then you can appear for entrance exam and pass it then you can join graduation courses.
16. Does IGNOU offer Cyber Law courses?
IGNOU school of la offers a post graduate certificate in Cyber Law (PGCCL). You can pursue it through distance education and online modes. Graduates in any discipline are eligible.